With a door leading to each of them, a Jack and Jill bathroom is a rather novel concept refers to a bathroom that is located between two bedrooms. To allow more than one person, generally kids, to brush their teeth at the same time, it often has two, or more bathroom sinks. Today, we at Abco Design would like to offer the benefits of a Jack and Jill bathroom to see if it is something you are interested in for your bathroom remodeling.
Variations of the Jack & Jill Bathroom
Things can get a bit problematic when it comes to using the shower or the toilet, though most people wouldn’t mind brushing their teeth next to someone else in the same bathroom. However, while someone else is emptying a runny tummy five feet away, brushing teeth seems like a hygiene step is better waited? With this situation in mind, Jack and Jill bathrooms have custom layouts. A bathroom with medicine cabinets, two sinks, and linen closets – plus a shower, and a bath is one option. Just before one enters the bathroom, the toilet for each room could then be inside the room. With one or two separate toilets inside the bathroom, each with its own doors, and a bathroom sink in a nook inside each room just before you enter the bathroom, it is also possible to reverse this layout.
Does a Jack & Jill Bathroom Add Value?
1) It takes less space and saves money. This type of bathroom is significantly cheaper to build than two separate bathrooms since the main facilities such as the bath and shower are shared. As opposed to two full-sized bathrooms, this layout also takes up less space.
2) Encourages bathroom equality. While the others line up outside, one family member locks her or himself in the bathroom for what seems like hours. While Jill spends as much time as she wants in the bath, Jack can peacefully play computer games on his phone while sitting on the toilet, which has its own door, with a Jack and Jill bathroom.
2) Immediate access. The importance of quick access is understood by those who have little Jacks and Jills in the family who often don’t make it to the toilet in time. It’s very easy to get to the toilet when they’re in a hurry with a door leading to the bathroom from each bedroom. Also, they don’t need to first work up enough courage to walk down a long by going down dark passage before getting to the bathroom.
3) Improve privacy. Except it’s for two bedrooms, a Jack and Jill bathroom provides the same amount of privacy as an en-suite bathroom, to a certain extent. Before heading down the hallway to the bathroom, there is no need to first dress up and make sure that no vital parts are showing.
4) Reduce friction. A Jack and Jill bathroom can be the perfect solution if little Jack and Jill are fighting nearly every morning over who will brush his or her teeth first. At the same time, they can now both brush their teeth.
5) Add value. If you want to know how a Jack and Jill bath will affect your home’s resale value, it really depends on your specific house, where you live, whether you’re building new or renovating, and what buyers in your area value most.
Bathroom, Kitchen & Home Remodelers & More in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Banning, Indio & the Coachella Valley in Riverside County California
No matter if you are looking to remodel the bathroom into a Jack and Jill bathroom or have other ideas, we at Abco Design can help you achieve your goals. Call us today for your consultation.